Formed in 1975, the ASFP is the trade association that represents the interests of the UK’s manufacturers and installers of fire protections systems for steel, concrete, ductwork, dampers, penetration seals and fire stopping. These systems are sometime referred to as passive fire protection products.
All Contractors wishing to join the ASFP must:
• Demonstrate a current track record in passive fire protection.
• Provide evidence of appropriate levels of insurance
• Provide evidence of employed staff eg CITB levy notice
• Submit one years accounts (unless applying for probationary membership)
• Be third party certificated
• Only employ workers in strict compliance with current legal practices.
The ASFP is the UKs leading trade association relating to ‘Built-In’ fire protection, the ASFP is dedicated to the protection of life, property, the environment and our heritage and promotes continuous improvement in all aspects of passive fire protection.
The ASFP strives to promote excellence in the design and installation of fire protection products through high quality and technical expertise, by fostering the education and training of all those involved in the development, specification and use of ‘Built-In’ Fire Protection.
Working with Government and international standard setting bodies both directly, and via other sector group associations, the ASFP endeavours to increase the quality of installed fire protection within all forms of construction